I am not an expert on the subject, but I do some little things to ensure that Google knows I exist in this vast blogsphere. I am sharing those little tricks with you here. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll try to explain best I can.
1. Get a domain name (they are only $18) but they will ensure the web spiders can actually find your page and Google can rank it (not brownvagabonder.wordpress.com, but brownvagabonder.com).
2. Within your blog post, link back to old blog posts as much as you can – at least 2-3 links in each blog. That again ensures the web spiders can find your posts (called hyperlinks).
4. Always put at least 3-4 tags (but not more) – and make sure they are relevant.
5. Link to your FaceBook or twitter account to get more followers – that will automatically post those blogs over to your social networks – easy-peasy.
6. The permalink - which is your blog post web address – should be short and simple – one to two words maximum.
7. Attach a Google Plus account to your blog post – that will ensure Google ranks it higher.
8. Have a little blurb at the bottom asking your fans to like you on FaceBook or subscribe – it gives a call-to-action.
9. Ensure that your subscribers only get a little blurb of the post in the email – so they have to come to your website to read the whole post – this ensures that you are getting increased views and Google ranks you higher.
10. Make sure your page is uncluttered as much as possible – the fewer additional items on the page, the less distracting it is for your reader.
11. Comment on other blog posts that are related to your own – that ensures that those readers if they find your comment useful and interesting will track back to your blog and check it out.